10 Mesnes Road, Swinley, Wigan, WN1 2DA
- N.B. LEASEHOLD 999YEARS FROM 1908 WITH ANNUAL RENT OF 0.66PENCE
- Magnificent Edwardian Property built 1907
- Lounge Dining Area Gives 37sq mtrs of space to accomodate all requirements
- 18 sq mtrs of space are provided in the magnificent kitchen
- The cooking area and the dining area are set at either end of this spacious 6 mtr long room.with multi fuel stove
- Main Bedroom 21 sq mtrs. Bedroom 2. 14.85sq mtrs Bedroom 3. Ideal for nursery, office or hobby room.
- This property is very close to all town centre amenities, Mesnes Park and Royal Albert Edward Infirmary,
- Wigan has 3 junctions on the M6 for journeys North & South and onto the North West Motorway Network
This magnificent Edwardian house enjoys all the hallmarks of that era, i.e. quality, style, spaciousness and elegance. In addition the current owners have invested a considerable amount of time and funds to maintain these standards.”Must be seen to be appreciated” is a hackneyed phrase used by Estate Agents but we assure you it is certainly appropriate for this lovely home.
On the ground floor the Lounge is the largest room and it lends itself to a variety of configurations to accommodate all requirements. The kitchen/dining area is also generous in size, housing all the necessary facilities thus making it likely to become the hub of this home. The cooking area, set in an ergonomic U shape, has an array of cupboards and drawers etc. A charming multi-fuel stove sits in the dining area and patio doors lead to an L shape sun trap that is the rear garden.
Spaciousness and elegance are once again the theme upstairs. The main bedroom is the width of the house and gives over 20 sq mtrs of space. There is a 5 door fitted wardrobe and there is also plenty of room for additional furniture. Bedroom 2 is not quite as expansive as Bedroom 1 but there is more than ample space for furniture etc.. At sometime in this propertys history, what was then Bedroom 3 was converted into an impressive and stylish bathroom. The centre piece is a free standing slipper bath and this ornate luxury is supplemented by a practical double shower cubicle. Finally upstairs the third bedroom would make an excellent nursery or study/hobby room.
Mesnes Road runs through the heart of Wigan and it has an array of Victorian and Edwardian houses. There are many facilities available within walking distance of this property including bars, restuarants, cafes, shops etc. Just a little farther afield is Wigan’s main hospital, the Royal Albert Edward Infirmary, and also the Wigan and Leigh College. Mesnes Park with its cafe, childrens play area, ornamental lake and bandstand is probably Wigans most popular green space.
It is the policy of Open House Estate Agents to give both vendors and potential buyers good service therefore the telephone number shown is available 24/7. We will try to respond to viewing or information requests between 8.00am and 7.00pm seven days a week. Once you have made the first contact with us you will be given a direct number for the person assigned to this property.